Teacher Talk Matters
Learning Path Outcomes:
- Take a deep dive into the impact of teacher language on learners;
- Understand how your positive beliefs influence your learning environment;
- Explore how teacher talk impacts ownership, growth mindset and motivation;
- Learn language to boost students’ moral reasoning; and
- Set goals and strategies for shifting your teacher talk.
- Lectures 21
- Quizzes 0
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 10
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes
Why Teacher Talk Matters
This first section emphasizes the importance of teacher talk. Why does what we say (and how we say it) matter?
In this section you'll explore how language can boost students' motivation and engagement.
In this section, you'll learn key language shifts to support positive behavior in your students.
You'll learn about a process for changing teacher talk habits a create a plan for changing one that is meaningful to you.